Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Do I need to do anything else? Someone used my credit card information to shop at Bloomingdales.?

The credit card company called me up immediately and will delete the charges. When I get the new card, I%26#039;ll set up the automatic payments again. I did not lose the card, so I don%26#039;t know how they got my card number. Do I need to do anything else like contacting the credit bureaus? I check statements of all my accounts regularly.



Do I need to do anything else? Someone used my credit card information to shop at Bloomingdales.?

YES. Contact the credit bureaus immediately and put a flag on your report about potential fraud/identity theft, because if the person already got your credit card info, it doesn%26#039;t mean he/she won%26#039;t use other numbers or your SSN to open fraudulent accounts in your name. The flag will require anyone opening an account for you to take a second look before granting credit in case it is an imposter.



Hopefully it is just a one time thing, but if they got your info without you losing your card, then you need to suspect them of getting other info as well that they may have just not used yet.



Do I need to do anything else? Someone used my credit card information to shop at Bloomingdales.?

You need to set up a fraud alert on all three bureaus as a precaution.



You also need to file a police report on the fraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment